We know that the current Coronavirus (COVID 19) outbreak is causing much distress with many of our couples & their guests so we hope the below information will provide you with the clarity you need during these uncertain times.
Are we still running weddings & events at Clearwell Castle?
Yes – we are currently holding weddings and, as of the 19th July 2021, our guest capacities have returned to their pre-covid levels. Whilst we are not imposing any covid-related restrictions on our couples and their guests, we do have the following guidelines that we are kindly asking guests to follow until further notice:
- Social distancing – Please exercise caution & make space for other people to keep their distance if they so wish.
- Face coverings – Our staff will continue to wear face masks for their own safety and for that of our guests and we encourage your guests to do so also wherever possible whilst indoors.
- Testing – We encourage all guests to take lateral flow tests on the morning of the wedding, and to self isolate if the result is positive.
- Hygiene – Please continue to wash your hands frequently throughout the day at the handwash/sanitiser stations provided. Our staff will, of course, continue to follow stringent hygiene practices to reduce the risk of transmission.
- Self-isolate if you experience any symptoms including a new persistent dry cough, a high temperature or a loss of, or change to, your sense of smell or taste.
- Help us with Test and Trace – Check in when arriving at the venue with your NHS track and trace app.
If you would like to add any additional or stricter guidelines for guests to follow on your special day then please discuss this with your Personal Wedding Manager and we would be more than happy to assist.
For further information about our Covid-19 policy, our office team is only happy to help and is contactable by email – email@example.com.
Are we still holding viewing appointments at Clearwell Castle?
Yes, we are currently able to offer either on-site viewings under Covid-19 secure conditions, or private virtual tours of Clearwell Castle using cutting edge 3D technology. To arrange a viewing appointment, virtual or on-site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
I’ve booked my wedding and would like to come and visit Clearwell Castle – can I?
Our 3D virtual tour is now available to use by all of our couples that have weddings booked with us – please email email@example.com for your personal login details. If you’d really like to see the venue in real life again (which is understandable!) then please contact us on the above email to arrange a time that is convenient, but we do ask that only the couple attend – our virtual tours are fabulous for showing your family around!
My wedding is directly impacted by newly-announced government restrictions, what should I do?
If your wedding has been directly impacted by newly announced restrictions, we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to discuss your options. If your concern is a result of a government update that has just been announced, please bear in mind that we will be hearing these updates at the same time as you do so we may need some time to process before we can move forward.
I have a wedding booked at Clearwell Castle in the coming months, what should I do?
Please email any concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of the team will respond as soon as we can. As you can imagine, this can be a mountainous task for our team so we would like to ask for your patience during this trying time. If at all possible, please refrain from contacting the venues by telephone.
If you do have any questions or concerns relating to the above information please do not hesitate to get in touch by emailing email@example.com.
We’d like to thank you for your patience and understanding as we navigate these unchartered waters and we look forward to welcoming you to Clearwell Castle soon. In the meantime, stay safe,
The Clearwell Castle team
Last Updated: 19th July 2021