posted on 22nd Aug 2013
A gift for your groomsmen is a way of saying thank you for not saying anything too obscene during the speeches! Here are some tips and ideas for buying your groomsmen the perfect thank you gift.
1) Look for something you wish you had, but could never picture buying for yourself. Go for something luxurious, but remember if you buy something too outrageous, your groomsmen may never use it.
2) A silver or leather flask is one of the all-time greatest groomsman gifts; classic, yet occasionally practical.
3) Don’t get anything that has your blushing bride’s signature on it. The groomsman gift is your final goodbye to bachelor life. Make sure your buddies can tell the present comes from you.
4) You should avoid gifts that are excessively flamboyant or ridiculously cheap.
5) The best and easiest way to ensure your gift has that personal touch is to add a monogram or engraving. A well-placed set of initials can spice up even the most ordinary wallet, cigar case, or cuff link.
6) Remember that your gift needn’t be something you can hold. If you’ve got a groomsman whose idea of fun involves training for that next triathlon, perhaps a mini membership to a gym or a few hours with a personal trainer would suit him. And, of course, a ticket to a sporting event is usually a hit.
Remember the more personalised the effort, the more meaningful the message.
Emma at Clearwell Castle