Whether you have two months or two years to plan your big day, it’s always useful to have a checklist to ensure all of those important bits are not forgotten.
- Once you have booked your wedding you need to contact your local Registrar or the Church and book the time for your ceremony
- Think about your wedding dress- start dress shopping in boutiques and bridal shops
- Order and send your save the date cards ready for the big day!
- Think about meeting florists and photographers and decide on one that will suit you and work well with you on your big day
- Confirm your bridesmaids, ushers and best man and start dress and suit shopping for them all well in advance
- Take a visit back to your venue– refresh your memory from your first visit, take measurements or photographs to match with your theme or layout
- Research places for your honeymoon
- Decide on a supplier for your wedding cake
- Start compiling your guest list and gift register
- Book your honeymoon and order your bridesmaids dresses
- Order and send out your invitations
- Consider your bridal accessories, bridesmaids accessories and the groomsman, best man and usher attire
- Confirm and finalise your ceremony details and decide whether you would like readings and the music you will be having on the day
- Organise your stag and hen parties!
- Decide on your hairdresser and arrange hair trials along with make up trials with your chosen beautician
- Choose and order your rings and buy gifts for the members of the wedding party
- Arrange the transport to and from your venue and to your honeymoon
- Confirm your final numbers and details with your suppliers
- Pack for your honeymoon
- Pick up your wedding dress, bridesmaids dresses and Groom’s, best man’s and ushers’ attire.
- Finalise your seating plan
The Night Before the Big Day
- Try to relax!
- Spend the evening with your closest friends and family- we have a lovely Bridal Cottage where you can indulge in beauty treatments and enjoy being pampered.
The Wedding Day
- Enjoy your day – it will be simply amazing!
Emma at Clearwell Castle